Thursday, December 2, 2010

Holiday Craziness

I've gotten all caught up in the holiday madness, and I've honestly forgotten all about this little blog.  Unfortunately, I'm still being overtaken by mounds of tangled yarn or else I'd stay and chat a while.  But I'll leave you with a little poem I wrote last year.  It's about one of those chores.  The kind that you avoid but then they creep up on you because all the sudden the holidays are here and people are in your house!  Ahh!  ......Enjoy!


Ode To My Bathtub

I don my gloves and scuba gear
To confront the chore that I most fear
Yes, folks; it's that time of year
Someone must clean the tub

Now I don't mind scouring the floors
I'll even get down on all fours
To be knee deep in elbow grease
Isn't something I mind in the least
But just don't make me tackle that beast
Oh, won't someone clean the tub?!

Hand me a mop, a squeegie, a rag
Just don't make me do it
I think I might gag
It's waited this long
Why must it be now?
It's not gonna be me
But this much I'll vow
Someone must clean the tub!

Well, I guess if I have to
I've got one last request
Just one little plea
On a mother's behest...

In my stocking this year
No chocolates for me
How 'bout a grenade or some TNT?
I'll blow that tub sky high, no doubt!
All that will linger are two tiles and some grout
For that's the only Kaboom! that I'm going to use
This isn't a bet I'm willing to lose
Either I'm going to mangle it or you're going to scrub
But bygosh, SOMEONE is going to take care of that tub!




Happy Holidays Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment